EMDR Consultation for therapists
treating complex trauma, attachment wounds, loss and dissociation.
You know that EMDR can change people's lives.
You took the training and have learned the protocol. You know that there are many different ways to help clients heal, and EMDR has been working.
But, you've recently hit a few sessions where you kept looping. Where the processing simply wouldn't budge and you're not sure what is wrong. Single incident trauma responds quickly to anywhere from 2-6 EMDR sessions. However, most of your clients have experienced hopelessness, loss, abandonment, violation or abuse, and a short "quick fix" EMDR is not the answer. Research proves that complex PTSD requires a more comprehensive plan that requires lengthier stabilization and skills before processing.
EMDR is an intervention that requires finesse and fine-tuned skill when treating complex PTSD.
You want to learn how to:
- administer assessments
- utilize research based skills to be certain you are pacing the work properly.
- check for attachment injuries, dissociation and unidentified defenses that stall effective processing.
In EMDR consultation with me you will learn how to:
- practice EMDR resourcing and stabilization and other necessary supports prior to starting processing.
- administer scientific-based assessments including attachment interview, DES and MID.
- Identify which responses in assessments require follow up with appropriate clinical interview.
- develop a fine eye in picking up on dissociation.
- become comfortable working with parts and ego states .
- become skillful and confident in asking directed questions to help identify targets and sequence the trauma work.
Develop and nurture the intuition and mind sight that allow for good EMDR trauma treatment.
If you are ready to increase your skill-set and provide deeper level healing to your patients with complex trauma, dissociation or attachment wounds, reach out today. Click below to schedule your free consultation and improve your confidence in EMDR today!
Please note, our consultation hours can go towards your EMDRIA certification.